Parent Support in the Newborn ICU

What is Common Bonds?

Common Bonds is a peer based support group. All Volunteers are former antepartum patients and/or Newborn Intensive Care Unit parents at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. The idea of parents helping parents is at the core of the Common Bonds program. Through an established network of caring volunteers, Common Bonds helps provide parents with one-to-one and group support.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Halloween NICU Style

Today, I want to feature one of our NICU babies. This is Juliet, she was born August 20th at 3:00am and she weighed 1lb 12oz. Her gestational age at birth was 26 weeks and 4 days.



Fast forward 2 1/2 months... this is Juliet now, ready to be discharged from the NICU. Thanks to the creativity of her mom, little Juliet is dressed for Halloween in a Build a Bear Outfit. When her mom showed me this picture, I instantlly fell in love. Isn't this the cutest thing you have ever seen? I love that big brother has a coordinating costume. Thanks Brittany sharing your little miracle with us!

2 comments:

  1. I remember the day Juliet was admitted! She was my little Scarlet's next bed neighbor for about a day or so. I'm so happy to hear she is doing so well and getting ready to go home! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. I am so glad you guys are doing this blog. As a 'nicu' parent it is so nice to read things people are going through just to know your not alone and not to give up hope. I have been home now for a couple months with my miracle boy and loving every minute of it. I think it is good for parents who are in the NICU to have some positive experiences shared in order for them to keep up hope and to stay positive. I would love to share my story if you think it would help in any way. Let me know. Hofheins050@hotmail.com. I loved reading all of your personal experiences.

    ReplyDelete